The diagnosis of mold toxicity is not very common and can leave you in a state of disarray. While a lot of time and learning has been spent in finding out more about the different types of toxins that can cause harm to us – be it endocrine disruptors in perfumes or heavy metals in edibles – very little has been written or said about mycotoxins. These mycotoxins give birth to mold toxicity and are the result of micro-fungi or mold. They are capable of creating mayhem in just about any human body system and have to be arrested at the earliest.
In general, mold growth leads to a confusing series of chronic and severe symptoms. From autoimmune conditions to allergies and headaches, there are several problems that result because of the incidence of mold toxicity. As per experts, the symptoms of mold toxicity generally comprise of signs that are psychiatric in nature, for instance, anxiety, depression, attentional problems, insomnia, and brain fog. Here, we’ll be sharing information on mold toxicity, its signs and symptoms, and why it has to be kept at bay under all circumstances.
Illnesses Linked to Mold Toxicity
Mold toxicity-based illnesses can be considered as widely prevalent, yet lesser diagnosed conditions, which are capable of manifesting themselves in different ways. Only 25 percent of the population is considered vulnerable to the challenges of mold growth. Mold toxicity might be the cause of anxiety, brain fog, depression, insomnia, and a spate of other problems that are best nipped in the bud. The affected generally belong to a category of people with genetic predisposition inhibiting their overall clearance of biotoxins.
This can be proved by the fact that there may be several family members residing in the same place that’s prone to mold growth.; however, just one among them may fall ill because of the same. This can be attributed to the fact that the specific family member is the only one who’s genetically vulnerable.
Initiation of Mold Growth and Toxicity
Water damages serve to be the main cause of the formation of mold growth. The common practices of using building materials of the likes of Drywall or Sheetrock (that were seldom used in the past), is exposing more and more people to the vulnerability of toxic mold. This is because Drywall creates perfect grounds and medium for the growth of mold. Additionally, the modern norms of making homes and workspaces more energy-efficient, wherein the outside air is much more than the ventilation within, allows for the trapping of toxic mold gasses. This adds to the potential of mold growth and influences its spread and effect.
Accumulation of Mold Toxicity
Mold toxins have the potential of accumulating in the human body. They continue causing problems even long after the cessation of their exposure. The symptoms of mold growth and illnesses need extended phases of treatment to be effective. However, the most crucial and primary step in the treatment of mold toxicity relates to the identification of mold growth and the best ways of getting away from it.
Testing of Mold Toxicity
Fortunately, there are several companies that are specialists in testing mold growth. Along with the general services provided for mold detection and arrest, they are also instrumental in providing mold remediation. As per experts in mold growth testing and remediation, it’s better to go for specialized treatment from the companies offering just one of these services in order to avoid any conflict of interest.
Mold growth plates are helpful in providing cost-effective methods of testing mold growth and toxicity. These plates may be installed around the house or other areas prone to infections and later sent to laboratories for advanced testing and reports. For instance, if you are suspecting mold toxicity, then you may opt for a laboratory test wherein your urine can be tested for any signs of mycotoxins.
Mold Toxicity and Mold Illness
Mold toxicity is quite different from the allergies caused by mold growth and behaves differently. The allergies are caused due to inhaling mold spores; they give rise to hay fever-like signs and symptoms that are different from the symptoms indicated by mold toxicity. On the other hand, toxic mold, caused by the volatile toxic vapors generated by mold, has the potential of causing a chronic inflammatory response, (CIRS). This kind of auto-immune reaction is the result of biotoxins present in vulnerable individuals.
Symptoms of Mold Toxicity
There are many diverse types of mold toxicity symptoms that make its diagnosis an overall simple affair. In most likelihood, the cases of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, mast-cell activation disorders, histamine intolerance, multiple sclerosis, leaky gut, and signs of Lyme syndrome produced after treatment indicate the presence of mold growth. Then, there are some instances of irritable bowel that fail to show response to treatment. The chronic inflammatory responses brought about by toxic mold have to be diagnosed well in order to facilitate proper treatment. It’s a matter of concern that mold toxicity fails to be a part of the regular or differential diagnosis of medical practitioners. Therefore, the signs and symptoms of this kind of toxicity are best left in the hands of experienced technicians belonging to reputed companies.
Some unavoidable and common symptoms linked to toxic mold are fatigue, aches, weaknesses, unusual pain, muscle cramps, headache, ice pain prick, red eyes, light sensitivity, tearing, blurred vision, cough, and sinus problems. The other symptoms are shortness of breath, abdominal pain, joint pains, and diarrhea. Memory issues, morning stiffness, concentration and focus related issues, reduced understanding of any new knowledge, and word recollection issues have to be diagnosed for mold toxicity as well. In case your environment is prone to mold growth and you’re feeling a sense of confusion and disorientation, or suffering from appetite and mood swings, then its better to get yourself tested for mold toxicity in professionally-managed laboratories.
As per researchers and scientists, mold toxicity and illnesses are far more harmful than those caused by pesticides. Therefore, it is very important to get it diagnosed and treated at the earliest. Reach out to your preferred health care specialists to get the process underway, right away.
Leave a Reply