Specializing in urology deals with treatments concerning the urinary tract and male reproductive system. Those who have a problem that affects the bladder, urethra, urinary tract, renal system, and adrenal glands may be directed to a urologist by their doctor.
When it comes to men, urologists deal with issues connected to the penis, the epididymis, the urethra, the prostate, and the testicles. There are some reasons why someone could go to the top urology hospital in Bangalore:
Urinary tract infection: Bacteria can travel from the intestines to the urethra, causing these infections. Abnormal urination is only one of many symptoms. Other signs and symptoms include discomfort, incontinence, nausea, vomiting, high temperature, and chills. It is mainly a problem for women.
Kidney stones: Mineral and acid salt deposits, which form in the kidneys but can travel through to the ureters, produce small, hard deposits. Some of them can induce pain, nausea, and vomiting in the urethra.
Kidney diseases: Inflammation in the ankles and hands, hypertension, and other symptoms are possible kidney damage outcomes. Kidney failure occurs when the kidneys are no longer able to function properly. It has the potential to be fatal.
In rare cases, a person may have to undergo a kidney transplant. Surgery to substitute a damaged kidney with a viable one from a donor is known as a kidney transplant. You can get a kidney from a living donor or a deceased donor.
Those who are a perfect match for kidney donation can offer up one of their own. The term “live transplant” refers to this particular kind of transplant. Donors of a kidney can continue to live a normal life with just the one healthy kidney they’ve donated.
A patient undergoing a kidney transplant will only receive one new kidney most of the time. Rarely they may be given the option of receiving both kidneys from a donor who has died. In a lot of cases, the damaged kidneys are left in the body.
The new kidney is surgically implanted in the patient’s lower abdomen, on the right side. End-stage renal disease, such as kidney failure, can be cured via kidney transplantation. It’s the only long-term cure for the illness.
In the case of a live donor transplant, the transplant can be scheduled at a convenient time for you. A suitable blood type and good health are required of the donor. A mental health assessment will be conducted to ensure that the donor is okay with the decision.
Before the transplant, several procedures will be carried out:
- You will be allowed to ask questions of the transplant team.
- To proceed with the procedure, you will be made to sign a consent document. If anything isn’t clear, don’t be afraid to ask for clarification.
- You would receive dialysis before the treatment if you previously received it regularly.
- Before the surgery, you’ll be told to refrain from eating or drinking for eight hours, usually starting about midnight, if you are undergoing a planned living transplant. It would be best if you began fasting as soon as you learned that a kidney is available for a cadaver organ transplant.
- Before the procedure, you may be given a sedative to help you relax.
- Your surgical team may require additional preparation based on your health condition.
There is no difference in the cost of therapy for the top urology hospital in Bangalore. The average cost of a kidney transplant is about five lakhs in Bangalore. The finest urologists in town can treat you at a reasonable price at the hospital.