Google has done humanity a great service. They do not just provide a free search engine and mobile platform, but they also offer free marketing tools. Today, we will talk about these free Google marketing tools that you can use to promote your business.
Whether you are trying to find out about the top slots online or what the latest fashion trend is, Google Trends is a tool you can use. It is a tool that tells you whether your desired search phrase has a huge search volume or not.
Let us say that you want to place ads for a keyword, and this keyword is “best red dress.” If you go to Google Trends, all you have to do is to type that keyword, and it will show you whether there is a huge volume for that word in the Google universe or not.
Google Trends will not show you the actual volume. Instead, it will show you a score between 0 and 100. A score of 0 means that there is not much interest in this keyword, and a score of 100 means that the volume is at its peak.
The trick to using it is to view the trend of the score over a period of time. A higher score means there are many people using that search phrase. The beauty of the tool is that you can filter your search and narrow it down per country. You can also choose what year ranges you want to see. Below the report, you will see a list of other keywords that are related to that phrase. Lastly, you can also see results on the search engine only, or only on YouTube.
The keyword planner is something that you can access in Google AdWords. It is the tool that allows you to create ads on Google, YouTube and the Android platform.
In the keyword planner, all you have to do is to type the keyword that you want to use. The tool will let you know the following:
- Average monthly searches – this shows you a range of the average number of searches for this keyword. For example, it can say 1K to 10K, which means that there are between 1,000 and 10,000 searches for this keyword on any given month for the past 12 months.
- Competition – this is a score between low and high. It tells you whether there are many other advertisers bidding for this keyword.
- Top of page bids – this is the amount of money that bidders are willing to pay. You can use these numbers to decide how much you can bid to effectively show your ads.
Like Google Trends, you can use the filtering system of this tool to show you results per country. This is helpful, as the keyword performance of your target keyword may vary between two target markets. It simply means that a red dress may be in high demand in America, but not in Canada.
The tool also gives you suggested keywords that are related to your search. Use this to find low competition keywords with affordable top of page bids.
The last tool that we will look at is Google Analytics. To be able to use this, you have to integrate it with your website. Once done, Google will start measuring your performance. Here are some of the things you will see from your dashboard:
- Pageviews – the number of views your website is getting per month, day or week. This is essentially the count of your traffic.
- Average session duration – the average amount of time that users spend on your website. The higher the average means that they are staying longer on your site. If they are staying longer, it means that they like your content, and Google is likely to show your pages more often to searchers and users.
- Bounce rate – a bounce is a traffic that left your website from the same page it came in. It means that users did not visit another page. Depending on your kind of business, a high bounce rate can be a bad thing.
There are many other stats that you will see here, such as user count, new user count, sessions and pages per session. Each stat is important, and it will help you assess how your website content and marketing strategy is working.
If you are a blogger or a business owner, there is really no need to use expensive SEO tools. If you are making slot games like Book of Dead mobile, you can rely on Google to find out if there is a market for your chosen keyword.
If you use these free tools together, you will have a clear picture of what the market demands. From there, you can also assess the strength of your product. You can also take advantage of using the right keywords so you can place your ads accurately in the eyes of the right audience.