In the fast-paced world we live in, finding time to unwind and connect with loved ones can be a challenge. As a bakery business owner, you have the perfect opportunity to inspire and motivate your customers to create memorable moments at home.
Today we’ll share ideas and also share a yummy cob loaf dip recipe.
Home entertaining has taken on a new significance in recent times. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, friends and families are spending more time coming together in their own homes. This presents a golden opportunity for bakery businesses to become an integral part of these moments by providing not only delectable treats but also creative ideas for at-home gatherings.
Encourage your customers to transform their homes into warm, inviting spaces reminiscent of a charming bakery. Suggest decorating tables with rustic, wooden elements and using vintage-inspired tableware. To enhance the ambiance, recommend incorporating the aroma of freshly baked goods into the setting through scented candles or diffusers featuring notes of cinnamon, vanilla, and warm bread. Check out these great home entertaining ideas on this Pinterest board!
While pastries and cakes are the backbone of your bakery business, extend the culinary offerings to include savoury delights suitable for entertaining. Develop a range of finger foods, gourmet sandwiches, and artisanal platters that customers can effortlessly incorporate into their home gatherings.
Cob loaf dips have always been a crowd favourite at parties, with many variations you can experiment with different savoury fillings and cob loaf bread varieties.
Here is an easy cob loaf dip recipe for you to try at home or in your bakery or cafe.
- 1 round cob loaf
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175° C
- Cut a circular hole in the top of the cob loaf and carefully hollow out the centre, leaving a thick bread shell.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, water chestnuts, vegetable soup mix, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed-out cob loaf, ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
- Place the filled cob loaf on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the dip is hot and bubbly, and the bread is toasted.
- Allow the cob loaf dip to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Encourage your customers to tear off pieces of the bread bowl and dip them into the cheesy, flavourful goodness.
This bakery-style cob loaf dip not only showcases your bakery’s expertise in crafting delightful flavours but also provides a unique and interactive element to the home entertaining experience.
Pro tip: you can bake a variety of different cob loaves in your bakery today by using Suprima’s premade dough. Find out more about this versatile solution and their own cob loaf recipe here.
In the midst of our busy lives, the joy of sharing good food and great company should not be overlooked. As a bakery business, you have the opportunity to contribute to these moments by offering more than just delicious pastries. By providing inspiration for home entertaining and sharing mouthwatering recipes like the bakery-style cob loaf dip, you can become an essential part of your customers’ celebrations, making every gathering a special occasion filled with warmth and flavour.