If you want to make your construction company stand out from the competition, there are several things you can do to ensure you have success in the industry.
Invest Cost Estimation Software
Cost estimating software is a collection of programs, processes, and information used to calculate the total cost of a construction project. You can use software for construction estimating to ensure that you know how much each job costs.
The software comes with basic estimating tools that allow you to add, edit, and share your price proposals quickly. You can create line-by-line estimates that can easily be adjusted depending on your client’s needs. Being able to come up with cost estimation accurately and proposals for clients helps you stay in budget and give your customers exactly what they are looking for in their construction project.
You can plan projects faster with accurate construction costs, all while avoiding redesign. The software allows you to align designs with the client’s needs, budgets, and verifying costs. You can then build square foot models quickly of the proposed construction project and present it to your client for approval.
Use Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
When you are working in the construction industry, it is important to consider how you can streamline your processes. By using artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics, you will be able to plan your projects faster, while automating specific processes and improving your overall production.
AI helps you to reduce overhead and waste by providing with you the option for robotics to do the same task over and over again, at the same speed and be precise. This helps with labor and employees becoming tired from doing the same tedious and arduous tasks. Artificial intelligence is also being used to keep employees safe by using robots to conduct labor tasks at dangerous locations.
- Robotics are also being used to help with:
- Laying bricks and the foundation of buildings
- Manufacturing higher-quality parts and materials are being produced consistently. By removing human error and inconsistency, robotics can take advantage of speed, efficiency, and repeatability to ensure better quality.
- 3D printing: AI can print complex, layered parts and objects then standardize the production of pieces that can be used throughout various projects, which saves time and money.
- Demolition: You can speed up the demolition process, save time and money by having robots break down walls, crush concrete, and gather debris.
Embrace Augmented Reality
Your construction company should start to embrace augmented reality (AR). AR is a live, copied view of the real-world that can be beneficial when it comes to constructing designs for clients. Augmented reality involves placing a 3D model of a proposed design onto an existing space using mobile devices and 3D models. Your clients will be able to see what the completed work will look like on the proposed construction site.
Your construction company’s builders and developers can use the wearable technology as well as 360-degree video allows for to help them:
- 3D visualization of future projects in the environment
- Automated measuring of buildings
- Safety training and hazard simulations
- Fast and affordable simulation of architectural and structural changes
With AR, you can do a virtual walk through a completed model and see what needs to be changed. This allows architects and contractors to collaborate between design and construction and make changes. By being able to do this, it will save your company time and money as well as reduce waste on materials.
Implement the Use of Sustainable Materials
By implementing the use of sustainable materials in your construction projects, you are working towards being more environmentally conscious and saving the planet. Commercial concrete production releases an exurbanite amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere every year. This contributes to environmental pollution and climate change. By using sustainable construction materials, you can help to reduce the stress you are putting on the planet.
Sustainable materials, also referred to as green technology, is becoming an industry standard. These materials are made from recycled products and resources that can be replenished in a short amount of time. Anything from lumber to stone, metal, and paper can all be recycled and reused as building products.
- Straw bales: You can use this natural and locally sourced material to replace concrete, plaster, and other materials used to build walls. It is both sustainable and affordable, and when sealed properly, it can be used to insulate buildings.
- Bamboo: Since it is a fast-growing plant that can be replenished quickly, it is frequently used in sustainable buildings. Not only is it lightweight and strong, but it is versatile and can be used as flooring or as an alternative to rebar and concrete construction.
- Recycled plastic: Instead of sourcing, mining, and milling for new materials, you can produce concrete made from recycled plastics. Doing this can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and find a new use for plastic that would otherwise clog up landfills.
- Cork: Since it is harvested by removing the bark from a tree, you don’t have to cut down a tree. It is naturally hypoallergenic and anti-microbial and can be used as flooring because it has thermal insulation and shock absorption.
Start Using Modular and Prefabricated Buildings
You can use modular or prefabricated buildings in your construction business to help reduce material waste. There has been an increase in popularity in the past few years; it is predicted to continue to grow by 6.9 percent per year and hit $157 billion by 2023. This is occurring because of the drive to use more affordable materials and cut down on construction costs.
Prefabricated buildings take a fraction of the time to build and cost less to install. Prefabricated buildings are built off-site and then shipped to the construction site for installation once they’re done being built. Using prefabricated buildings will provide you will these advantages over traditional on-site construction:
- Greater control over weather, quality, and supervision
- Reduce environmental impact by using less materials, air, water, and noise pollution
- You can streamline project schedules since the components for prefabricated buildings are built offsite
- Conveniently storage which leads to less misplaced materials
- Increased safety since there is little exposure to unsafe weather and working conditions
Using modular buildings is a construction method where the entire building is constructed off-site. Modular buildings require the least amount of on-site construction time because Everything, including plumbing, electrical, and other design features have already been done off-site. Only thing that is left on the construction site is assembling the modular units to form a completed building.
Modular buildings are the most versatile and can be built to serve any function such as hotels, apartments, or student housing. Since modular buildings can occur simultaneously with site and foundation work at the job site, projects can be completed 30-50% sooner than traditional construction. This means you don’t have to worry about weather delays since most of the construction occurs inside a factory. Also, modular buildings provide flexibility for how buildings are used. They can be dismantled and relocated for new use or re-purpose materials.
You can make sure your construction company stands out from your competition by embracing the ideas in this article.
Leave a Reply